Friday, February 23, 2007

leveling back out on armour thyroid

well i started to take iodoral about a month ago. I started out just fine. Started out on 12.5 mgs and then after 5 days i went to 25mgs, then shortly there after i went up to 50 mgs. My hair started falling out, i started feeling blah and sick. so i up'd the Armour. At 4 grains and 50mgs of iodoral my pulse started to get above 100. So i backed the iodoral back to 25mg and then 12.5 and then 2 days ago decided to stop it. I just didn't feel right on it. Also in this time i started taking vitamin C. Vitamin C helps the iodine in our body to work right. I'm thinking the vitamin C has something to do with the change in my body. So i'm now back to 3 grains of Armour instead of 4 and no iodoral. I get iodine in my multi from kelp. So i'm going to get a kelp supplement to take instead of iodoral.

I got my lab work done on wed and that will tell me how hyper i got, but i felt miserable. I was not sleeping, heavy breathing, felt sick. I'm starting to sleep again. That was one of the worst!

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize with your pain. Pain is insidious and robs you of so much. Even having it for short periods of time can be difficult, but long term is devastating. I'm glad that you're finally getting some help and seeing some progress with your ND. I pray you continue to heal and find balance in your body and mind. Keep getting stronger every day. You go girl!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally forgot i started this blog... maybe i should pick it back up. thanks for the comments victoria.. as you can see i've been fighting for awhile...

    ReplyDelete