Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I joined a gym!

If you know me, you know I hate working out in front of people.  I like more one on one so I can be coached and have someone to talk to.  I hate being in my own head.

When I got the flier in the mail that a Planet Fitness was opening up near me, I kept it.  I kept looking at it trying to decide what I wanted to do.  Do I join, do I get the regular membership or do I get the black card or do I just not join.  I would tell some family and friends how nervous I was to join, was scared what it would be like, if I could do the workouts and I didn't want to waste the money if I hated it and just didn't go.



I even stopped by the pre-registration trailer and talked to the manager about the equipment, the type of gym it is and what it has to offer.  I didn't sign up that day.  I thought about it more.  I joined a gym once back in 2003/2004 and the equipment just didn't fit this 4'11" person.  I had to use pillows they had to push me forward on some of the machines or lift me up on other, this was cumbersome to me.  I didn't want this again.

About a week later I decided to just bite the bullet and just join.  I went to the pre-registration trailer again and as I was walking in the manager was walking out and he remembered me, points earned there.  I signed up.  Then I had to wait about 2 weeks till it opened.  So I kept worrying did I make the right decision, am I going to hate this decision.  My neighbor also joined which really helped!

It's been about a month since Planet Fitness has opened and needless to say I LOVE IT!  The people are all very nice, members are nice, and the gym is nice, new and clean.  And the one thing I worried about with the machines not fitting me was just that a worry.  They adjust so easy and no pillows!

This was definitely a GREAT decision


No comments:

Post a Comment